How to Finding Renters Insurance Quotes ?
If you rent a house or apartment, and want to protect your possessions, you need to get renters insurance because your landlord’s insurance won’t cover them. Here’s how to get the best renters insurance quotes.
Why Get Renters Insurance?
Renters insurance will cover your personal property from such hazards as:
* Fire or lightning
* Windstorm or hail
* Vandalism or malicious mischief
It will also cover you if …
* A guest is injured while visiting you in your home.
* Your property is stolen from someplace other than your home.
* You damage your landlord’s property and have to pay for repairs.
* Your rental apartment or home is damaged and you have to pay to live somewhere else for a while.
Take an Inventory
To get the best renters insurance quote you need to figure out how much coverage you need. As a renter, you may not think you have enough possessions to make getting insurance worth the money. But sit down and think about how much it would cost to replace your
* Computers, televisions, and other electronic equipment
* Kitchen supplies, such as dishes, pots and pans, silverware, and utensils
* Towels and linens
* Recreational equipment, such as bikes, skis, and camping supplies
* Other items, such as books, jewelry, DVDs, and CDs
Make a list of all the items you own, including serial numbers and purchase price where possible. This list will help you figure out how much coverage you need.
Get Quotes to Compare
Once you know how much coverage you need you’re ready to get some quotes.
Begin by visiting insurance websites on the Internet. On many sites, you can fill out one form and get fast quotes from multiple companies. Some sites even have a chat feature so you can get answers to your questions from an insurance professional. (See link below.)
Ask about Discounts
The best renters insurance quotes will include discounts such as:
* Multi-policy discount, if you have your auto and renters insurance with the same company.
* Non-smoker discount, if no one in your residence smokes.
* Safety and security discounts, if your residence has deadbolts, smoke detectors, burglar alarms, or other safety devices.
The electronic age has increased the property values that a renter has to lose. Now in addition to the furniture and clothing a renter brings to an apartment or home, there are computers, iPods, cell phones and a variety of other devices. In short, the value of the renters possessions have increased. Renters insurance can help to replace these items if they are damaged or stolen. Renters insurance is available at a very low cost. To find that cost you will need to request renters insurance quotes.
You landlord’s insurance policy covers the structural portion of the building. It will take care of lighting, interior walls and appliances, however, what happens if your personal items are damaged. The landlords insurance does not cover your computer or other personal items such as clothing or furniture. You need renters insurance to cover those items.
To get renters insurance quotes, you can use your phone or the internet. Using the phone requires calling several agents and asking for quotes. It could take several days before they are able to get back to your.
A better way is using the internet. There you are able to fill out the form and ask for three or more quotes at one time.Renters Insurance Quotes